• CECIL B. DeMILLE: AMERICAN EPIC was a feature documentary about the life and career of one of Hollywood's great showmen, Cecil B. DeMille, director and producer of 88 films, including THE TEN COMMANDMENTS, THE KING OF KINGS, THE GODLESS GIRL, THE BUCCANEER, SAMSON AND DELILAH, THE PLAINSMAN.
• The documentary was produced by Photoplay Productions, best known for their restorations of such silent film classics as NAPOLEON, BENHUR, THE FOUR HORSEMEN OF THE APOCALYPSE, NOSFERATU, THE PHANTOM OF THE OPERA.
• Kenneth Branagh narrated the documentary, which featured interviews with, among others, Martin Scorsese, Charlton Heston, Angela Lansbury, Steven Spielberg and Elmer Bernstein, who of course scored DeMille's ultimate epic, THE TEN COMMANDMENTS.
• CECIL B. DeMILLE: AMERICAN EPIC was the last full score composed by Elmer Bernstein in 2003 before his untimely death the following year.
• Recorded and Performed by the Acclaimed and Award-Winning City of Prague Philharmonic Orchestra Conducted by Elmer Bernstein, the score plays like a "greatest hits" of the style and imagination of such a revered composer.
• Featured Bonus: Concert Suite from THE TEN COMMANMENTS
• Booklet includes personal notes and reminiscences from Peter Bernstein (Elmer's son), Patrick Stanbury of Photoplay Productions and James Fitzpatrick.
- Tadlow Music