Na Vastidão da África (Brazil)
El aventurero de Kenya (Spain)
Il filibustiere della costa d'oro (Italy)
Südlich vom Pangani-Fluß (West Germany)
The world premiere recording of the complete score to MISTER MOSES composed by JOHN BARRY
• The Complete Dramatic Score from the 1965 film set in Africa starring ROBERT MITCHUM, CARROLL BAKER and IAN BANNEN.
• Newly Recorded in Stunning and Dynamic Digital Sound
• Performed by the Acclaimed and Award-Winning 75-piece City of Prague Philharmonic Orchestra, Conducted by Nic Raine
• Produced by James Fitzpatrick for Prometheus Records
• New Score & Orchestration Reconstructed by Nic Raine …who was principal orchestrator to John Barry on numerous films and albums
• Informative Sleeve Notes by Frank K. DeWald
• A Score in the same style and colour as ZULU and BORN FREE with its use of symphonic orchestra and ethnic precussion
For over forty years, John Barry lent his distinctive musical voice and keen dramatic sensibility to the art of scoring motion pictures. This early example of his work, although modest in scope, bears witness to his giant talent. With cannily crafted materials and carefully chosen colours, he brings to Mister Moses – a film largely forgotten today – an unforgettable musical landscape with "form and shape" that lingers far beyond the film that inspired it.
Recording Produced by James Fitzpatrick for Prometheus Records
Executive Producer: Luc Van de Ven