The 1980s were a fun, exciting time in pop culture ... and especially at the movies! 1985 in particular was a cultural lynchpin for a whole generation. We traveled through time in Back to the Future, hunted for treasure with The Goonies and hung with friends in St. Elmo's Fire. Music was always part of the adventure; the film scores of Jerry Goldsmith, John Barry and Alan Silvestri, and hit songs by Oingo Boingo, Tina Turner and Brian Ferry instantly conjured up the characters we love from their movies.
Now 30 years later, this 6-CD allows us to travel back and revisit BACK IN TIME... 1985 AT THE MOVIES in a celebration of one of film music's most iconic years!
Over six and a half hours of music including:
- A brand new recording featuring the great David Newman conducting the debut of the Varèse Sarabande Symphony Orchestra — a new all-star orchestra featuring some of the best musicians in Los Angeles. The is the film music recording event of the year!
- All of the top 10 box office hits of 1985
- Academy Award winning and nominated scores
- Compilation of smash hit songs from the year
- Complete CDs of The Back To The Future Trilogy, Out of Africa and The Goonies
The exquisite deluxe gatefold LP package features:
- An original cover painting by A Nightmare on Elm Street artist Matthew Joseph Peak
- 24 page booklet with extensive liner notes by album producer Robert Townson and exclusive photographs from the premiere Varèse Sarabande Symphony Orchestra recording sessions held on the historic Newman Scoring Stage at 20th Century Fox.
This music from 1985 is for everyone — those who grew up with it, and those just discovering it!
- Varese Sarabande